Tuesday 21 October 2008

Be Right Back

It's been a week so I thought I'd best post something, unfortunately I've got no pretty pictures as I've been too busy with a crochet project to blog. I'm in the process of trying to beat the world record for the world's biggest granny square, well, to be honest I'll stop once it's double bed sized.

It started as a stashbusting project but is fast becoming an obsession. I've been buying newer bigger balls of yarn in order to complete my rounds. It now contains so much yarn it's actually as heavy as a sheep. I estimate I'll need about 4 more round and the blanket/bedspread will be complete and I will never need to look at a granny square again.

I will post pictures once it's done, so long as I still have strength enough in my fingers to operate the camera. Seriously, if I don't get arthritis when I'm older it will be a miracle.

4 comments:

Riikka said...

That sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Louise said...

It's turnedinto quite a mission - the last few rounds I need to do are taking forever. I just can't wait for the sense of satisfaction I'll get when it's on my bed!

yoel said...

My sister made a gigantic granny square / blanket years ago, and it was really heavy! The last couple rounds ate through yarn like crazy :)

Louise said...

It is really heavy - I'm finishing off the edging tonight and will hopefully post pics this weekend! :-)