Sunday 8 February 2009

Hand Knitted Phone Covers

I only ever wanted one phone cover but once I'd devised this pattern I found I couldnt stop myself. I used 3 1/2 mm needles and whatever yarn I could get my hands on to make them. You only need a tiny bit of wool (about a golf ball sized ball) and you can use whatever stitches/patterns you like to create them.

I've taken them as an opportunity to practice knitting with different colours and shapes. Below you can see a selection of my designs - I'll be posting pictures shortly of them individually.I cast on about 20 stitches, knitted a rectangle in k1 row p1 row until it was the desired length then finished it with 5 or 6 rows of k1 p1 rib for the sock edging. I then crocheted a chain of about 30 stitches as a handy loop to pull it out of the bottom of my handbag! 

I'll pay more attention next time I make one and post the pattern properly soon.

I've been away from the PC lately due to the weather. It's been really cold and snowy and out water supply has frozen up. As a result it's been too cold to sit typing. I've been under a blanket knitting another blanket - I'll post pictures once it's finished (I'm currently joining knitted squares and I've still got to do the edging).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thiose are very nice!!!

Louise said...

Thanks - they really are addictive to make though!