Next I've got my chunky knitted hat. I meant to take note this time and record the pattern accurately, instead I got mesmerised by the variegated yarn and lost track. From memory here's what I did:
- Leaving a 12" tail C/O 90 stitches . Work 3" in k1 p1 rib.
- Work 7 1/2" in k1 row p1 row (I can never remember what stitch that is).
- Then for the next couple of rows work 2 stitches together until you have 6 stitches remaining.
- Cut the yarn with a good couple of feet of yarn spare, thread this through the 6 stitches remaining on your needles.
- Pull tight and use this to sew up w/s of hat. Use the 12" tail at the start of the knitting to sew up the r/s of the brim.
- Weave in ends
- Job done - put hat on
- Go for a walk