Friday 25 September 2009

Hats and Soup

I've had a bit of a crochet/knit drought at the moment. The only thing I have made is two of these convertible hats. I made one for me - the prototype, a black and red one. I then was told it was my sister's boyfriend's birthday, last year I made him an earflap hat and it literally never leaves his head. He has trouble buying hats as by his own admission his head is "well big" so I thought I'd make him one too.


This meant my Other Half started moaning at me as he also wants one, so i am now halfway through my third, it should be very useful for him as he can wear it round his neck when he rides his motorbike and tie it in a hat when he gets off it.


I recommend the pattern, it's easy to follow and works up quickly unless you have distractions, which I do as this week we decided to buy...


...A SCALEXTRIC SET!!!! I've never had one and always wanted one, so we set it up in the living room and have been racing each other like big kids all week. We've also bought two track extension kits and 2 more cars. We decided to get some cheaper cars until the dog gets more used to it; there truly is nothing funnier than a greyhound trying to catch a F1 racing car. It is not funny when he manages and the spoiler drops off!

In between races last night I had to make some food. We've been a bit slack this week and couldn't be bothered to go to the supermarket. I looked through the cupboards and managed to find the following:

  • potatoes (about 4)
  • onions (2)
  • courgettes (2)
  • a vegetable stock cube (made about 400ml of stock)
  • butter
  • milk (225ml)
  • parsley
  • salt and pepper

From it I made my first ever 'cream of' soup. I loosely followed this recipe and it was delicious! Better still, there's enough for tonight with a crusty loaf I've bought today!

No comments: